Monday, June 27, 2011

BEST MORNING SHOW in VIRGINIAI! yep, that's Daybreak!!!


BEST MORNING SHOW IN VIRGINIA
it's right out of the beautiful shenandoah valley!
yep, it's WHSV TV3 Daybreak!!!!!

This weekend was the VAB 74th Summer Convention
(Virginia Association of Broadcasters)
I spent the weekend at Virginia Beach
(i will blog about the Hilton later.. you'll want to read it!)

My News Director, Ed Reams, and I were there for the "BEST MORNING SHOW" category...
Many of the beautiful women in our Sales Department were there for the convention.

WHSV TV3 Daybreak was (for the very first time) nominated for Virginia's "BEST MORNING SHOW"
as you can imagine, Ed and I were nervous during the Awards Dinner



After the delicious Filet Mignon & Crabcakes
it was time for the awards ceremony to begin!



I was so nervous...
I needed a little break w/ Erin & Anissa
what a gorgeous day!


As we were enjoying the view,
Ed & Lisa texted me...
they were starting!

I was happy to learn...
my old news radio station WRVA (Richmond)
won several awards!
as our sister station WCAV!

After.. what seemed like 10 years...
they finally got to the BEST MORNING SHOW category for 2010
(it was called second to last.. so you can imagine how nerve-wrecking it was!)

BEST MORNING SHOW nominees...
WHSV (us!!!!) v. WBBT (Richmond)

The winner is...
WHSV TV3 Daybreak!!!!!!!!!

It was a surreal experience!

You should've heard our table!!!!!!
So many hugs & cheers from all of our beautiful sales associates

Ed & I were extremely proud of our station and morning show!


WHSV TV3 Daybreak recognized as Virginia's BEST MORNING SHOW!!!!!!!!
Let the twittering begin!!!!
(oh, and it did!!!!)


they didn't allot me 10 minutes for my thank you speech
so here it goes

special thanks to
General Manager, Tracey Jones
News Director, Ed Reams
Asst News Director, Kay Norred
My Daybreak Director, Boots & our Production Staff
My 2010 co-anchor, Keith Jones
My 2010 NTM anchor, Ed Drantch
My 2010 Meteorologist, Mallory Brooke
My 2010 Daybreak reporter, Sarah Sager
all of my co-workers & sales team!!
thank you for the support & believing in me!!!!!!
(now i really want a sat truck)
note to advertisers...
I'm told Daybreak has been sold out for weeks...
even before this award!
now, you can only imagine.. that will happen now...
book your commercials friends~! =)

last but not least...
all of our viewers who wake up with us every morning!
when they found out we won... many of them wrote-
"we knew Daybreak is the best! now, Virginia knows!"
it's that type of support & loyally
that has made Daybreak #1!!!!!
our viewers wake up with us
chat with us.. and keep us going!

oh... another last but not least
I must thank GOD =) of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment