Saturday, December 24, 2011

My First Eggnog Ever!

Merry Christmas Eve, Friends!!!!!

This year, I decided to let Christmas slide a little bit, as Im bogged down with wedding planning!  I've been traveling every single weekend & on some weekdays!

Mike & I did take some time off though, to celebrate!
Looks closely at the ornament
yes, we like silly pictures.

 
 



This week, we spent a night at the Executive Mansion in Richmond, VA.
We attended the Governor's Party for the second year in a row!
It was lovely once again, with the most delicious Turkey and Im assuming Virginia Ham.
The Governor & First Lady were once again gracious hosts...
as we continued our "Ice Cream Date Part III"
and saw old friends & met new ones




I attended two bridal showers (both for me)!!!!!
My Maid of Honor & Godmother hosted a shower for me in Richmond.
It was the most detailed magnificant shower EVER with my closest girlfriends & their moms/aunts!
My Godmother & MOH made my FAVORITE dishes straight from the heart!
Then Mike's sisters hosted a shower for me in Cleveland & I've never seen so many deserts in my life!
It was a brunch theme at their restaurant on the lake & it was beautiful!!!!!!!
I dont know how I got so blessed, marrying into such a loving family!
In both showers, they truly SHOWERED me with gifts.
From everything monogrammed... to everything miniature...
truly spoiled during the holidays!



Last week, we attended our neighbor's Christmas Party.
Keith & Carole are the best neighbors anyone would ask for & we are truly blessed!
They invited us over, even though we are the scrooge house of the neighborhood w/ NO decorations this year! (except a very sad but real wreath)
We had a small get together at their house and had delicious wonderful food!
I tried eggnog for the FIRST TIME in my life!
and apparently it was "special" from Louisville & UDF (yes, combined) lol




So it's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
and I can't believe it's already Christmas Eve!

May you and yours enjoy your Christmas Eve & stay safe & warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment