Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BEHIND THE SCENES - Baby's Mom & Dad face MURDER CHARGES

BEHIND THE SCENES

I rarely give my personal perspective on stories.
But the latest story out of Richmond, Indiana is just plain disturbing.

Mom & Dad have been charged with MURDER of their 4 month old son.
Accusations include starving their son, Khaiden Hockett, to death.
Court documents say Khaiden was 8.7 pounds when he was born, but autopsy results show he weighed only 6.2 pounds at death.  Documents state, Khaiden was found in a urine soaked baby swing, in a room with feces smeared on the walls.

I first covered this story out of Richmond.

We had a police report that stated "infant death investigation" and listed the parents as suspects.

Police first responded to reports of a baby, not breathing on Super Bowl Sunday.

The mother, listed as a suspect, was open to talking to me on camera.
21 year old Amy Hockett told me, she is innocent and she would do anything for her baby.
She told me, her son had medical conditions, including acid reflex.
Investigators say, she is not telling the truth.

Today, Hockett is charged with killing her son, as well as the father, 24 yr old Joseph Pierson.  Both are in Wayne County Jail.




The latest article written by our reporter, Mark Bruce, who normally covers Richmond...

Here is a clip of the interview I did with Hockett...

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine the difficulty you must face when investigating/reporting these types of stories.

    ReplyDelete