Tuesday, June 5, 2012

BORGATA- girls' trip to Atlantic City

GIRLS TRIP to the BORGATA
Atlantic City, NJ

My best friend, Mellie, is getting married this Month!
a few of the girls took a trip to the Borgata in AC


We ate and ate and ate
(Borgata- Bobby Flay's Steak, Izakaya, Bread & Butter and the Borgata Buffet)
(AC Boardwalk- Bikini Beach Bar)

I was particularly fond of the Chopped Salad with Fresh North Atlantic Lobster at Bobby Flay Steak
It complimented my glass of Pinot Grigio very well =)
We ate way too much of the poppy seed onion garlic bread, though!

At Izakaya, I ordered the Sashimi Platter, eating it ALL!
I was particularly fond of the Calamari salad one of my best friends, Rachel, ordered.
I may have ate most of her salad!

Mellie and I pigged out at the Borgata Buffet, taking out their supply of smoked salmon.
Aside from the "eggs in purgatory" dish which was horrible, I was happy with my food!



The Tuna Melt at the Bread & Butter was delicious!
I would go to AC just to eat their tuna melt again!
(of course I ate this around 2am and had limited options of what to order, still! It was fantastic!)

As far as the Bikini Beach Bar, it was absolutely too crowded and loud for my taste!
Still, it brought me back lots of memories of a trip we took several years ago.
Mellie sang with the band and we had lots of fun! The good ol' days!

I thought the Borgata was nice, compared to the other hotels in Atlantic City,
(although I used to be a fan of Taj Mahal when I went as a child... and Caesar's when we used to take road trips to AC from UVA- when we felt like ditching homework- which happened often)
but I would most likely not head back there any time soon. 
It was too crowded and Im not much of a gambler (let's just say- its a matter of HOW FAST my money disappears)... and I prefer Las Vegas to Atlantic City.

At any rate, I hope the Bride-to-Be had a fantastic time!
That's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment