Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dreams Do Come True

I've realized many of my dreams have come true... no, not the dreams I had as a child- to become a CIA agent, marry in college and have 4 kids before I'm 24.

I get paid to do what I love. I graduated from UVA despite a few bumps along the way. I became a morning news anchor and producer, working with the most incredible people I know- who are all so successful. We all helped transform a good morning show into a fresh new "best morning show in VA" that is still top notch compared to most I've seen. My accomplishments so far are in thanks to people who supported me and saw my potential from the beginning. I have to give credit to all those people who helped me launch my career, when all I had was determination & a "Minnie mouse voice."

I am now in Ohio, fortunate to be working for the #1 CBS affiliate in the country learning the ropes of reporting so I can make myself more valuable as a news personality.

I've accomplished most of my childhood goals - the life, the job, the big house... with the exception of four kids and an ice skating rink in the middle of my bedroom (5th grade architecture blueprint).... but I needed to make new goals- ones I'm holding close to my heart :)

After all, what's life without living, without dreams & challenges to constantly improve yourself :)

Oh, my bucket list (separate from dreams & goals) is always growing and most things on the list involve food & travel!

Below... The quote I live by...

No comments:

Post a Comment