Friday, April 22, 2011

Behind the Scenes- Brats who work for WHSV


random newsroom coversations at 2am

in light of the courtroom battle between Barbie and Bratz
Amanda Crawford and I had an enlightening discussion
...human coffee tables & ET swings...


although the Judge decided against Barbie yesterday
we all know... Barbie is better than Bratz
at least she is to me.. and amanda

my first toy bought on american soil
is a Barbie
she had a sparkly long light blue dress
a long faux fur matchin coat
and in one press of a button,
she brushed her hair

my Barbie colletion grew to dozens and dozens
i even had a Michael Jackson Barbie (w/a white glove)
including a walk-in closet that was used as a Barbie community
equipped with everything a little girl dreams about
except an elevator

amanda and i are conversing about Barbie & Bratz at 2am
we both find out..
we were kinda jipped!
we must be the only two girls who never had a Barbie elevator

the ADD conversation turns into a "who was more bossy" contest

amanda's submission starts with her childhood tea parties

as the first born,
she would script out what her little sister and brother would say and do
that includes her brother's role as a human "coffee table"
she told me this... while i was drinking water
(so i spilled water all over me, thinking of Borat... just sayn'...)

i start my submission with my ET swing

i used to have the coolest ET swing inside my bedroom
my little cousins always wanted to swing in it
i thought i was so cool, standing at the top of the stairs
i'd lure my little cousins with candy and the swing
they'd crawl up the stairs
and after the halfway mark
i'd yell, "who told you to come up. go back down"
after they made it back down, frightened and scared
i'd smile and lure them up again
over... and over... and over again

btw. my ET swing completely freaked amanda out
she thinks ET is scary
my mom did, too
that's why i was only allowed 1 stuffed ET and 1 ET swing


i suppose amanda and i were bossy
don't blame us
blame our birth order!
but isnt that what you expect of first borns or only childs?

so, Barbie or Bratz?

No comments:

Post a Comment