Thursday, April 5, 2012

Three Ohio Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan - Connecting through Facebook

3 Ohio National Guard Soldiers killed in a suicide attack in Afghanistan. 
Military officials say, they are members of the 37th Infantry Brigade Combat Team.
My heartfelt prayers go out to their families, I can't begin to imagine the sorrow...

Through social media, we are able to keep in touch with our soldiers who are grieving right now.

One of my Facebook Friends, Karl Mason, contacted me today.
He is a Springfield soldier, member of the unit that lost three brave guardsmen.
In his message, he expressed his sorrow and told me they keep in touch with Local News, "watching" WHIO TV via Facebook.

Through him, I was introduced to another soldier in his unit... who wrote these beautiful heartbreaking words, I just wanted to share with all my friends back here in the states.

Jason Geiger from Attica, OH

April 4th 2012
A DAY FILLED WITH TRAGEDY
I stand here tonight and watch the sun set on a day that started so well but ended so tragically. I reflect on the 3 men we lost. I pray that the Lord is with the grieving loved ones at home, may H...e grant them comfort to ease the pain. I pray that the Lord be with the men left here to continue the fight despite the pain that we are also feeling for our fallen. We will continue the fight, “We’ll do it!” as our saying goes. My Fallen Brothers, although you have joined the ranks of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice before you, you shall not be forgotten. I look forward to the day when I also join the same ranks, so that I may tell you how great of an Honor it was to have served beside you.

thank you for those words, Jason.
To all our brave men and women who sacrifice and fight for our Freedom everyday,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

No comments:

Post a Comment