Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yuna & Mike WEDDING Part I - Ceremony


Hi Friends =)

I will be blogging different parts of my wedding at a time =)

First,
My CEREMONY!!!!!

We held our wedding ceremony at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart.


Michael and I often attended mass at this beautiful church.
I was confirmed here and also am a member!


Father Patrick Golden is the most amazing priest and I had NO DOUBT I wanted him to marry us!!!!!  It was a beautiful full mass ceremony and it was absolutely difficult to not cry the entire time!!!!  I was focused on a crack in the marble and Michael told me he saw me as a solar eclipse... He sort of looked around and past me so he would not get too emotional and cry!


It was indeed a beautiful ceremony and I thank Father Patrick for such a moving personal homily!!!! Also, a big thanks for Dr. Patrick Carlin for the beautiful music/organ and Michele Orr for a beautiful performance!!!!  We couldn't have done it without our coordinators, Joyce & Kim. Plus, Tim MacLeod's bagpiping guests into the church was truly amazing!!!!!



Rehearsal at the Church


I was so happy and emotional, I had tears streaming down my cheeks.  Thanks to that crack in the marble, I was able to hold myself together for most of the ceremony!

We had my favorite versions of the Lamb of God.. and had Taste and See for our communion song, which also happens to be one of my favorites!  Overall, it was an amazing ceremony!

(Most photographs by Emily Chastain... help from Alvis Media... last photo taken by Elisabeth Romano Fancett)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Yuna! So lovely and a dream for so many girls. Where is Sacred Heart? Gorgeous church!
    PS: Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Yuna! You were just beautiful and the church is gorgeous! Wishing you many happy, healthy years together. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place where you will exchange vows is very special. That's why choosing the venue for the wedding shouldn't be taken lightly. Anyway, you would feel it. When my hubby and I entered this church together for the first time, I knew it was the aisle that I'll be walking on someday and the place where we will be joined together. It all happened last year. The church here looked amazing and so did you, Yuna! Congratulations to the both of you!

    Lavonne Seaton

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good start to pick the perfect wedding venue is to list down all the places of where you and your fiance would like it to happen. Consider all the possible venues, even if you're thinking of historic homes to the mountain top wedding. If you like it, go for it! You can look up the internet for more options. However, going to the venue yourselves will help you feel if it's the right one. Look around so you can have a better judgment.

    Crystal Gardens Banquet Center

    ReplyDelete